One Day Close Quarters Self-Defense Course
This challenging course taught by Jason Kelly, a renowned small unit and close quarters combat (armed & unarmed) instructor with 25 years of experience with elite military, LE and professional athletes, and veteran TRC and LE firearms and tactics instructor Bryan integrates practical self-defense techniques with the defensive use of a hand gun.
Whether you are a CCW permit holder out with your family, are active duty military or law enforcement, or armed security for a church, school or business, you may be the first line of defense against an armed attacker or active shooter. The course begins with classroom instruction and moves quickly to the range for single and multiple target pistol drills designed to develop tactical pistol skills under increasing pressure. It then transitions to the combatives portion, which integrates close-quarter combat techniques with recognizing pre-assault indicators in an attacker, heightened situational awareness, understanding and developing the "warrior mindset", weapon takeaway and retention techniques, and building the marksmanship fundamental skills and mental fortitude necessary to defend yourself and others in a real life threat situation. The last portion of the course integrates the combatives and shooting portions in real world scenarios against single and multiple attackers. Class size is 12-18 students.
This course is physically challenging and requires completion of a Level I or equivalent Pistol course as a prerequisite. (For those who volunteer as armed guardians for their place of worship, are active duty LEO or military, please call 910-208-4386 for a group discount and/or to arrange a private multi-day group class, with follow on training specific to active shooter response.)
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 200 rounds of pistol ammunition per person.
Prerequisite: Level I Pistol (or an equivalent course).
Training schedule: Show time is 7:45 am with instruction starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5 pm. A one hour period is allotted for lunch.
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Semi-auto pistol with a minimum of 2 magazines /or revolver with 2 speed loaders / speed strips
- Holsters, magazine/speed loader pouches (Preferably both IWB and OWB holster)
- Sturdy belt that will support your holster
- Comfortable, loose-fitting 511 type tactical pants, or jeans
- Running shoes, tactical type footwear you can move around well in
- Cover Garment (jacket or vest)
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water/Snacks/Bag Lunch
- Sun screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
- Towel, facial wipes,an extra T-shirt (you will get sweaty)
Course includes: 8 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
* Students must be physically capable of a full day of hand to hand combat drills, and wear loose fitting clothing (no yoga type pants) that will allow you to move freely, and that you don't mind getting dirty or possibly damaged.