One Day Level I Carbine -
The Level 1 Carbine course is designed to significantly increase the skill level and confidence of novice shooters using a semi-automatic AR-15 type rifle or carbine. This 8 hr course is excellent for someone who wants to learn the basics of rifle safety and marksmanship, with a small instructor to student ratio. It's also a good choice for those who want an analysis of their shooting form and a "tune-up" in order to move on to the 2-day Tactical Courses. Students learn how to accurately engage multiple targets at distances up to 100 yards from the prone, seated, kneeling, and standing positions, as well as diagnose and clear several common malfunctions.
Full Course Description here: http://www.therangecomplex.com/novice-shooting-courses.html
Course Objective: The student will gain a high level of confidence in the safe handling and operation of an AR-15 type rifle or carbine and show substantial improvement in accuracy and speed of target engagement.
- General firearms safety
- Verify safe, loading, and unloading procedure
- Operation and manipulation of the AR-15 type rifle/carbine
- Sights, zeroing considerations and techniques, external ballistics, slings, and equipment placement
- Reloading and malfunction drills
- Fundamentals of rifle marksmanship
- Shooting positions
- Multiple target engagements
- Basic techniques of cleaning and lubrication
Ammo requirements: 400 rounds of rifle ammunition per person.
Prerequisite: A basic understanding of firearms safety and operation.
Training schedule: Show time is 7:30 am with instruction starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5 pm. A one hour period is allotted for lunch.
- Carbine with 3 magazines
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit (with oil for carbine)
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water/Snacks (1 hr lunch break)
- Hat/Gloves (rifle will get hot)
- Sun screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
- Optical sight for carbine (optional, but highly recommended)
- Belt, LBE or protective vest with associated magazine pouches
Course includes: 8 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt that you don’t mind getting dirty