Four Day Shoot House Instructor - December 10-13, 2018
This Train-the-Trainer course provides trainers with the skills needed to safely and effectively lead live-fire and force on force shoot-house training when they return to their organizations. Course attendees will receive instruction in safety inspections, personnel positioning, target placement, entry methods, TRC’s training methodology and the skills needed to build a shoot house program and improve their agency or unit’s training program. Course attendees will serve in the role of shoot house instructor and safety during the course. *Limited enrollment; must be approved by Lead Instructor.
Full Course description here: http://www.therangecomplex.com/4-day-shoot-house-instructor.html
Course Objective: Student will demonstrate his/her ability to perform as a tactical firearms instructor in a safe and effective manner.
- The responsibilities of the shoot house instructor
- Shoot house construction types, safety inspections and maintenance
- Ammunition considerations and effects
- Safety when conducting tactical training
- Program development
- Overview of Close Quarters Battle (CQB) Basics principles and techniques
- Training Methodologies
- Role player safety and control when conducting force on force training
- Safety when using Multiple breach points
- Distraction devices
- Target discrimination training methodology
- Considerations when conducting Mechanical and ballistic breaching
- Safety when conducting explosive breaching
- Furniture and obstacle placement
- Doors and windows
- Back-siding targets (training support)
- Fire prevention
- Training in darkness and limited visibility
- How to integrate flat range shooting into the shoot house in training
- Personnel positioning and personal protective gear
- Targets and target placement
- SIMS or UTM Scenarios / Force on Force
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 1000 rounds of frangible rifle ammunition and 1000 rounds of frangible pistol ammunition per person . Note: frangible ammunition available at
additional cost that can be included as part of the course fee.
Prerequisite: TRC to approve prerequisite qualifications of each student. Call to inquire.
Training schedule: Show time is 7:45 am with instruction starting at 8:00 am.
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Pistol with 3 magazines
- Carbine with 3 magazines and tactical sling
- Individually issued equipment (LBE, ballistic or protective vest with associated magazine pouches)
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit (with oil for guns)
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water/Snacks (1 hour lunch break)
- Hat/Gloves (rifles will get hot)
- Sun Screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
- Optical sight for rifle (optional, but highly recommended)
Course includes: 32 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
Disclaimer: This is NOT an entry level course. Course attendees must be proficient in tactical marksmanship and basic room clearing techniques to attend this course.