Level II Tactical Pistol and Carbine - May 18-19, 2019 (FULL)
This course is for the experienced pistol and carbine shooter who wants to learn a variety of tactical applications involving both firearms. Upon completion of the course the student will have a thorough understanding of firearms safety and marksmanship fundamentals and how to tactically maneuver and engage multiple targets from a variety of firing positions with the semi-automatic pistol and carbine.
Full Course Description here: http://www.therangecomplex.com/two-day-tactical-pistol-and-carbine.html
Course Objective: The student will demonstrate a high level of tactical proficiency and accuracy with the semi-automatic pistol and AR-15 type carbine.
- General firearms safety
- Verify safe, loading, and unloading procedure
- Diagnostic evaluation with both weapons
- Sights, zeroing, external ballistics, slings, holster, equipment setup
- Fundamentals of rifle and pistol marksmanship
- Reloading & malfunction drills
- Shooting positions
- Multiple shots / multiple targets Drills
- The Set-up and shooting on the move
- Shooting from barricades & covered positions
- Efficient training methodology and drills
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 800 rounds of pistol ammunition, 650 rounds of rifle ammunition.
Prerequisite (one of the following):
- Successful completion of TRC Introductory Pistol or Carbine Course
- Active Law Enforcement or Military
- USPSA “C” Classification or higher
- IDPA Sharpshooter Classification or higher
Training schedule: Show time is 7:30 am, each day, with instruction starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5:00 pm. A one hour period is allotted for lunch.
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Pistol with 5 magazines / Carbine with 5 magazines
- Belt with holster and magazine pouches
- Magazine holder for the carbine/rifle.
- Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit (with Oil for guns.)
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Eye and Ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water / Snacks / Lunch (We’ll take an hour lunch break around noon. Lunch can also be purchased at fast food restaurants within a 10 mile radius of the range.)
- Hat / Gloves (rifles will get hot.)
- Sun Screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
- Optical Sight for rifle (Optional, but highly recommended.)
Course includes: 16 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt that you don’t mind getting dirty