One Day Level I Pistol - October 27, 2018 FULL
The Level 1 Pistol course is a full day of shooting and instruction for those who have limited experience with a semi-automatic pistol, or revolver, and want to significantly improve. The course covers basic firearm safety, and operation, and progresses fairly quickly through shooting drills from distances out to 25 yards, malfunction drills, multiple targets, target transitions, and shooting from retention.
Full Course Description here: http://www.therangecomplex.com/novice-shooting-courses.html
Course Objective: The student will gain a high level of confidence in the safe handling and operation of a pistol and show a marked improvement in accuracy and speed of target engagement.
- General firearms safety
- Verify safe, loading, and unloading procedure
- Fundamentals of pistol marksmanship
- Reloading and malfunction drills
- The draw and proper
- presentation to the target
- Multiple shots and multiple targets
- Basic techniques of cleaning and lubrication
Ammo requirements: 500 rounds of pistol ammunition per person.
Prerequisite: A basic understanding of firearms safety and operation.
Training schedule: Show time is 7:30 am with instruction starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5 pm. A one hour period is allotted for lunch.
- Pistol with a minimum of 2 magazines
- Belt with holster and magazine pouches
- Weapon cleaning kit (with oil)
- Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water/Snacks (1 hour lunch break)
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Sun screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
Course includes: 8 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt that you don’t
mind getting dirty