Two Day Tactical Pistol and Carbine
This challenging, fast-moving course is for confident, proficient shooters who want to develop and refine their tactical and marksmanship skills with both weapons. The course covers a variety of progressive shooting drills, re-loading and malfunctions, transitions from rifle to pistol, multiple targets, shooting on the move, varied positions shooting from behind cover, as well as from inside and around vehicles. Students will complete the course having had a thorough analysis of their shooting technique, and individualized instruction tailored to markedly improve their skills.
Course Objective: The student will demonstrate a high level of tactical proficiency, and accuracy under increasing pressure with the semi-automatic pistol and AR-15 type carbine.
General firearms safety
Diagnostic evaluation with both weapons
Sights, zeroing, external ballistics, slings, holster, equipment setup
Fundamentals of rifle and pistol marksmanship
Reloading & malfunction drills
Multiple Shooting positions
Multiple shots / transitions between multiple targets
Transitions between weapons
Set-up and Shooting on the move
Shooting from barricades & covered positions
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 800 rounds of pistol ammunition, 650 rounds of rifle ammunition.
Prerequisite (one of the following):
- Successful completion of TRC Level I Pistol or Carbine Course (or equivalent)
- Active Law Enforcement or Military
- USPSA “C” Classification or higher
- IDPA Sharpshooter Classification or higher
Training schedule: Show time is 7:45am, each day, with instruction starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5:00 pm. A one hour period is allotted for lunch.
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Pistol with 5 magazines / Carbine with 5 magazines
- Belt with holster and magazine pouches
- Magazine holder for the carbine/rifle.
- Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit (with Oil for guns.)
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Eye and Ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water / Snacks / Lunch (We’ll take an hour lunch break around noon. Lunch can also be purchased at fast food restaurants within a 10 mile radius of the range.)
- Hat / Gloves (rifles will get hot.)
- Sun Screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
- Optical Sight for rifle (Optional, but highly recommended.)
Course includes: 16 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt that you don’t mind getting dirty