Four Hour Introductory Pistol -September 19, 2020
This four hour introductory course is open to men and women and requires no prior firearms experience. It's designed for novice shooters, as well as those who have no experience at all with firearms, who want to know how to load and unload, and shoot accurately and safely from a distance of 10 yards. This course is also excellent preparation for passing the shooting qualifications of the NC Concealed Carry Handgun permit course.
Full Course Description here: http://www.therangecomplex.com/novice-shooting-courses.html
Course Objective: The student will gain a high level of confidence in the safe handling and operation of a pistol
- General firearms safety
- Verify safe, loading, and unloading procedures
- Understand and apply the fundamentals of pistol marksmanship
- Clearing of a malfunctions
- Draw from a holster
- Range fire drills designed to reinforce the fundamentals
- Gear and handgun & ammo selection
- Firearm cleaning and lubrication
- Prepared for the North Carolina Concealed Carry Handgun course range qualification
Prerequisite: None – this is for personnel who have no experience with firearms.
Training schedule: Show time is 9:30 am with instruction starting at 10:00 am and ending at 2:00 pm.
Required Gear & Ammo (See course option above):
- Semi-auto pistol with 3 magazines or revolver with 4 speed loaders
- 100 rounds of pistol ammunition
- Holsters, magazine/speed loader pouches
- Gun belt or a strong belt that will support the holster
- Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
Additional Required Items (student supplied):
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Sun screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
Course includes: 4 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt that you don’t mind getting dirty.