Two Day Tactical Pistol - September 14-15, 2019
This Level II course is designed for proficient, experienced pistol shooters who want to significantly enhance their marksmanship accuracy and speed at distances up to 50 yards for tactical, defensive or competitive application. It includes shooting from the draw, shooting on the move, target transitions, multiple target engagements, shooting from retention and behind cover, shooting in and around vehicles, tactical reloads and malfunction drills.
*Requires completion of Level I Pistol or equivalent course
*1000 rds of pistol ammo
Course Objective: The student will gain a high level of tactical proficiency and accuracy with the semi-automatic pistol.
- General firearms safety
- Verify safe, loading, and unloading procedure
- Diagnostic shooting evaluation
- Fundamentals of pistol marksmanship
- Reloading and malfunction drills
- The draw and proper presentation to the target
- Tactical use of the prone, kneeling, and standing positions/use of cover & barricades
- Multiple shots and multiple targets
- The set-up
- Shooting on the move (laterally/straight on)
- Firing from retention
- Shooting from behind barricades and covered positions
- Training methodology and drills
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 1000 rounds of pistol ammunition per person.
Prerequisite (one of the following):
- Successful completion of TRC Introductory Pistol or Carbine Course
- Active Law Enforcement or Military
- USPSA “C” Classification or higher
- IDPA Sharpshooter Classification or higher
Training schedule: Show time is 7:45 am, each day, with instruction starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5 pm. A one hour period is allotted for lunch.
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Pistol with 5 magazines
- Belt with holster and magazine pouches
- Knee and elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Eye and ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water/Snacks (1 hour lunch break)
- Sun screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
Course includes: 16 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt that you don’t mind getting dirty