Ten Day Tactical Firearms Instructor -
*Priority slots given to military and law enforcement. Must be approved by John Sherbert, TRC Training Director prior to registering. Email John.Sherbert@TheRangeComplex.com with a copy of your Drivers License. If the course does not fill (6+) we will refund your fee.
This train the trainer course is designed to develop Tactical Firearms Instructors who can return to their organizations as lead instructors and true subject matter experts. Students will increase their skill level and effectiveness with the rifle and pistol as well as their ability to instruct others in the safe and proper use of both weapons. Students in the course will also conduct “Teach Backs” of learned material to TRC’s instructors and fellow students. Students must successfully pass practical and written exams to receive an Instructor Certificate. Course will be conducted in two 5-day blocks.
Full course description here:https://www.therangecomplex.com/firearms-instructor.html
Course Objective: Student will demonstrate his/her ability to perform as a tactical firearms instructor in a safe and effective manner.
The following topics will be taught in the course:
- Marksmanship training resources and references
- Training management
- Diagnostic tools
- Outcomes based training
- Brilliance in the Basics® training methodology
- Fundamentals of rifle and pistol marksmanship
- Tactical marksmanship techniques and training drills
- Identifying and correcting shooter errors
- Combat training mindset
- Limited visibility marksmanship techniques, training and safety considerations
- Teaching/coaching/mentoring techniques
- Presentation styles and techniques
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 2500 rounds of rifle ammunition and 2500 rounds of pistol ammunition per person.
Prerequisite: TRC to approve prerequisite qualifications of each student. Call to inquire.
Training schedule: Show time is 7:30 am with instruction starting at 8:00 am.
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Carbine with 5 magazines
- Pistol with 5 magazines
- Individually issued equipment (LBE, Ballistic or Protective Vest with associated magazine pouches.)
- Weapon mounted flashlight for carbine
- Hand held flashlight
- Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit (with oil for guns)
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Eye and Ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water/Snacks (1 hr lunch break)
- Hat /Gloves (rifles will get hot)
- Sun screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
- Optical sight for rifle (Optional, but highly recommended.)
- Night Vision Goggles (NGVs)
- Weapon mounted Infrared laser (PEQ-2/PEQ-15)
Course includes: 84 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.