Five Day Tactical Pistol and Carbine - TBD
This course is an intensive extension of our two day offering, designed to provide proficient shooters with Tier 1 instruction and application of tactics and marksmanship under a wide variety of progressively challenging drills based on real-world scenarios. From multiple firing positions, to multiple targets, strong and support hand drills transitioning between weapons, shooting from behind cover, to shooting on the move, and responding to vehicle ambushes requiring shooting from inside and around a vehicle.
Full course description: http://www.therangecomplex.com/tacticalprofessional-shooting-courses.html
Course Objective: The student will demonstrate a high level of tactical proficiency and accuracy with the semi-automatic pistol and AR-15 type carbine.
- General firearms safety
- Verify safe, loading, and unloading procedure
- Diagnostic evaluation with both weapons
- Sights, zeroing, external ballistics, slings, holster, equipment setup
- Fundamentals of rifle and pistol marksmanship
- Reloading & malfunction drills
- Tactical use of the prone, kneeling, and standing positions/use of cover & barricades
- Multiple shots / multiple targets Drills
- The Set-up and shooting on the move
- Shooting from barricades & covered positions
- Efficient self-training methodology and drills
Ammo requirements (Student Furnished): 2000 rounds of pistol ammunition, 1750 rounds of rifle ammunition.
Prerequisite (one of the following):
- Successful completion of TRC Introductory Pistol or Carbine Course
- Active Law Enforcement or Military
- USPSA “C” Classification or higher
- IDPA Sharpshooter Classification or higher
Training schedule: Show time is 7:30 am, each day, with instruction starting at 8:00 am and ending at 5:00 pm. A one hour period is allotted for lunch.
Individual equipment (Student Furnished):
- Pistol with 5 magazines / Carbine with 5 magazines
- Belt with holster and magazine pouches
- Magazine holder for the carbine/rifle.
- Knee and Elbow pads (optional)
- Weapon cleaning kit (with Oil for guns.)
- Rain or inclement weather gear
- Eye and Ear protection (clear and shaded lens are recommended)
- Water / Snacks / Lunch (We’ll take an hour lunch break around noon. Lunch can also be purchased at fast food restaurants within a 10 mile radius of the range.)
- Hat / Gloves (rifles will get hot.)
- Sun Screen (non-greasy or water resistant recommended)
- Optical Sight for rifle (Optional, but highly recommended.)
Course includes: 40 hours of instruction and a certificate of completion.
* We recommend you wear comfortable shoes, long pants, and a long sleeve shirt that you don’t mind getting dirty